Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I need a shirt :)

I need a shirt that says, "Just waiting."

Because that's what we're doing. 

No word. Weeks without hearing anything.  I know our profile is out for showing, I just don't think it's been shown to anyone.  The only times we get calls are to tell us they are missing a piece of paperwork. Not complaining about paperwork, at least it gives me something to do :)

Like I said before the biggest difference between adoption and pregnancy is the fact that at least with pregnancy you get doctors appointments and progress reports.  We're almost 4 months into officially waiting, almost 9 months into the whole process.  Still in the beginning stages, I know people who have waited for much longer. 

I gotta say I'm thankful for my adoption support group, though for the most part none of them live... here... it's nice to know that there are people out there who are willing to talk to me and tell me that this is normal. Because really, it's a hurry up and wait process and a LARGELY misunderstood process.  I feel like I need to teach a class on it just so people who have never been through the process know.  I am amazed at how many people do not know that once you finish the home study you don't just get handed a baby.  I wish that was the way it worked! With so many out there that need to be adopted, you would think in a lot of ways that would be the case... but it's a process largely run by the government.  And when you get the government involved... it's never an easy process.  But I have found that in this case, the reason that the government is involved IS for the safety of the kids.  I cannot complain about that either.  There are people out there who are only interested in hurting children, which makes it harder for the rest of us, but I'd rather take the hard than the adoption process be so easy that a large amount of children are abused, neglected, sold, and/or killed. There are times I don't understand the process, many a tear have been shed in the last 9 months wishing that the process was easier.  But as a friend told me one time, these are my pregnancy/birth pains. 

My pregnancy might just last a lot longer :)

But until something happens, I'm back to not going in the baby section.
For the most part we have what we need for our baby when he/she gets here and continuing to look only kinda re-enforces the fact that we haven't heard anything.
I have no progress report.
I have no way of knowing whats next.
I feel like I'm blindfolded looking for a path to go down.

Thankfully I have Shawn holding one hand and God is holding the other and both of them are holding me up.   We'll make it no matter what with God on our side, Just remembering to trust in Him through this whole process and not let Satan tear us down.  He's a sneaky fella. He disguises himself as doubt and discouragement a lot. I just need to make sure as a Christian to not let those words come out of my mouth to plague someone else, or even myself.

Remember where your Citizenship is,
and whether you want to or not... Keep Moving Forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment