Thursday, August 5, 2010

Burn Notice and no I'm not talking about the food :)

I love Burn Notice as well. Though I gotta say the burn does refer to how bad the heat has been this summer. My tomatoes are cooking on the vine while they are still green.  I've pretty much given up on everything in my garden except my okra. You can't kill okra. Well you probably can but it's hard. 

The last two nights have been either leftovers (curry chicken and rice for dinner last night), or frozen food in the freezer.  We are prepping for a yard sale on Saturday morning, we are also having a bake sale to go with it.  Gotta get some baggies to put cookies and brownies in, still deciding on whether or not I want to wrap up muffins or just sell them as is. I'm buying some water to sell too because it's gonna be HOT on Saturday. I have a feeling our yard sale is going to wrap up well before noon :)

No pictures this go round. Hoping to be able to get back to it tomorrow night but for now I need to slap stickers on things and get them ready to go. Going through the garage, cleaning stuff up.  It's gonna be so much fun trying to get rid of an analog TV. No one is going to want it.  If it doesn't go we need to get it taken away because it doesn't need to be in our garage. I hate clutter.

So if you're in the area and want to come to our house for a yard sale, the bake sale portion will go to Sacred Selections (http://www.sacredselections.org/) and the yard sale portion will go for our ever growing adoption fund :) Please take a look at this organization, they help SO many people. 

Lovely oranges in my belly always sooth pretty much any craving I have for sweets. Almost. When its this hot outside it's hard not to want ice cream :)

1 comment:

  1. Laughing at your garage topic - maybe your parents would let you have a garage sale at their house...

    ReplyDelete