Saturday, October 30, 2010

Clean!

My house has not been this clean in a while.
Just about every closet has been decluttered, a massive load of things have already been taken to Goodwill and there is another batch of stuff by the front door to go out. 

I knew she wasn't going to do the white glove test but she is basically a stranger coming into my home and I wanted it to be in tip top shape. 

Not only did she not do the white glove test, she only looked in the closet with the gun safe in it and I actually had to suggest that she look in other rooms because really... I spent a lot of time and effort trying to get my house clean for this. She looked in what will be the baby room, the office because I had more kid stuff in there and we have renamed the office "the library" because there really isn't anything office about it.  In fact we have to figure out what to do with the TV that is in there because we turned it on the other night and it sounds like it's about to explode at any minute. Which means we have an entertainment center we have no idea what to do with.  Oh well. More room for books, right?

My sister was super helpful getting my house finished up for the rooms she never looked at :)
I gave her a Symphony bar as payment. I like being able to pay people in chocolate.

We are approved pending the Federal Government getting our background checks back to us.  I thank God for this.  I thank God for how wonderfully He's led us down this path.  Things have not gone perfect, but this is the most confident I have ever been just letting Him lead us through this uncharted territory.  It's a hard, tear filled, frustrating, process.  But in the end we both know it will be ok because we have the Lord on our side.

To celebrate, we went and got some frozen yogurt. Which was not our best idea... it was 40 degrees outside and it just made me colder. But it tasted good.

For my birthday this last Tuesday we went and bought a diaper bag. We were told by our agency to have one packed and ready to go for whenever... that way we have it ready and all we have to do is grab it and go.  I have never been so happy to live so close to the freeway! Anyway, we bought a nice gender neutral diaper bag. Red and black.  And then Target also had baby socks on sale, so we bought some socks.  Well last night, because it started feeling more real after she said were approved pending our Federal background check getting back, we went and bought bottles, diapers, and wipes. 

We don't have a family who has picked us, we don't have a baby promised to us right now, but our agency says that a good portion of the babies they get are the result of a hospital calling them saying the mom wants to put the baby she just had up for adoption.  We may never even hear from the birth mom, because after 48 hours, parental rights are terminated and we cannot drive to Gainsville faster than about 12 hours.  It could be within a few weeks to over a year before we hear anything but they want us to be prepared and I want to be prepared so all we have to do is throw clothes in a suitcase, load up the car, and just go. 

Still working on the last little bits of our profile. But I have given myself permission to take the day off today.  Keeping on top of our house, making an actual grocery list, and going grocery shopping.  Nice, WONDERFUL lazy Saturday.  We are going to the Homecoming game at WKU later, but for now we are watching College Game Day and we just finished breakfast. 

I love Saturdays like this.  God has truly blessed us.
Next step, more paperwork!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy this wonderful weekend-you have more than earned it!! Keeping you in our prayers!--Jan Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzy! A packed diaper bag!!! This is soooooooo exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete