Saturday, October 2, 2010

We were closer than we've ever been and now we're even closer...

The interview portion of the home study went very well!

We have more paperwork to do and more things to send in and get back before the home visit portion happens, and then, well I don't know. I mean thats the thing about this, I feel like my eyes are covered, in the dark for the most part about where this is going but I'm being led by Someone with much more power than me. 

I am literally in uncharted territory. It terrifies me on one level but I'm ok with it on another, because I have been waiting on this for a long time.

Like Shawn and I were talking about today, we're glad we are actually DOING this and not just TALKING about it. 

Yeah it's gonna take money, time, and copious amounts of patience.  But we have waited 7 years and we're the closest we have EVER been. 

I'm letting myself be happy about this, get a little excited. I even looked at Babies R Us website yesterday at things. But I'm not buying things, not yet.  Not until we are approved on so many levels. 

Baby steps.  Steps towards a baby. 

So many other things are changing too. I'm switching degrees to an Associates so I can be done, hopefully within a semester or two instead of 2015. That way no matter how long it takes, I will be part way done and the hours and credits are secure and can't expire.  So if and whenever I decide to go back, I wont have to do all the Gen Eds again. 

For the first time I feel like I'm moving towards something and not just doing something while I'm waiting on something else to happen. 

I thank GOD for my husband through all of this. He's been so supportive and my constant in this.  I need to hear from him that things will be ok. The words coming from his mouth have been nothing but supportive and wonderful and I cannot emphasize enough how grateful that I have him in my life.  He is my best friend. He has been for almost 10 years now.  He still manages to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world when he talks to me and spends time with me, God gave him to me to make me feel safe and I feel safe with him.  Someone told me that it would fade after about a year, and I thank GOD it has not.  He is the best husband in the world. 

Well I think we need to head to bed.  It's been a long day and the next week is going to be getting loose ends tied up before the home visit starts. It's also fall break, which means I'm working but no classes. THANKFUL for that!!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment