Monday, September 27, 2010

10:30

First meeting of our home study process is 10:30 Saturday morning with our personal interviews. She will interview us together and then seperately. 

I am fine with the future visits of our home, I know it will be ok, the interviews scare me.

I know the Social Worker wants to put a child in our home, I need to keep reminding myself of that, but honestly this meeting scares the living daylights out of me.  What if I answer a question wrong?  What if she writes stuff next to my answer and I ask, "Whatcha writing?" and I'm not allowed to look at it?

What if I just repeat "Be anxious for nothing..." over and over again. And again.

And pray a lot.  Which we have been doing already, it's just that this seems like that interview is the make or break.  We can get accepted by another adoption agency, I'm fairly certain if we are rejected by social work it's not gonna happen again.  Again, praying a lot. 

This is the closest we've ever been and tomorrow we'll be even closer. Thanks be to God for His many rich blessings thus far. 

We are also working on our profile, which is basically a scrapbook about us and contain letters to the Birth Parents thanking them for making this difficult decision.  With other options out there, above all we are thankful that they chose life for the child. 

We are having family members and close friends write letters to our potential Birth Mother/Parents as well, so she/they will know us.  Think about it this way, if you knew you couldn't take care of your child, and the best option for both of you is for the child to go to another home, wouldn't you want to know that the couple you are giving your child to has a lot of friends and family that support them? Wouldn't you want to know that your child is going to be loved and taken care of by more than just the couple?  Wouldn't you want to know that they were going to be safe? 

But I am excited and nervous for 10:30. Quite a few things to get done between now and then.

Please pray for us!
Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW you guys will do great. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers going up right now! so excited for you guys...and I know you'll do great in the interview. :)

    ReplyDelete