Thursday, September 9, 2010

6pm Chaneys Dairy Barn...

I will be doing something other than eating ice cream because I'm fairly certain the kidney stone I just passed is half calcium and mostly caffeine.

Coffee, Mnt. Dew and anything with caffeine in it is officially off the menu.  My head is going to throb for DAYS. 

We are meeting with our social worker tomorrow at 6pm for her to give us our packet to get our home ready for the home study process. That will probably take a little bit to get going. We also may be employing a few college students to come make the front of our house look less... weedy. 

I will refer to our social worker as J and the social work major that we talked to a few weeks back as C :)

J and C both told us that our house does not need to be spotless but we will need to clean out our closets, have all chemicals and medications out of reach or behind secure doors.  We are also going to need a layout of the house, exact square footage, and the agency wants us to have a fire escape plan posted in the house.  You know, in case the infant we are wanting to adopt is like, "hey I smell fire... what should I do?" :) I kid.  I know that stuff is there for the safety of the child.  Like Steph told me one time, the home study will be part of my labor pains since I will never experience them.  Some of the steps will seem unnecessary but they are VERY necessary.  I get that.  A few years ago I just would have ranted and raved but after seeing some of the jerks out there that adopt children to hurt them, I totally understand why those procedures and rules are in place. 

It's kind of like when the whole class gets punished in Kindergarten for something someone else did.  It doesn't seem right but you know why and you know who to blame :)

But more importantly the birthmom will want to know that the child she is entrusting to us will be safe.  These things are for her peace of mind. Having seen adoption from all angles and how hard it is on everyone, I want the birthmom who chooses us to know that we will take the best care of the child she is blessing us with. 

I cannot express enough how excited and terrified I am in all of this.  This is happening.  This is actually happening.  I thank GOD that this is happening because He is providing for us.  This could take anywhere from a couple months to a couple years, but whats a couple months to a couple years when its been 7 thus far?

In His time.

1 comment: