Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Steps.

It's been a week since we talked to our social worker. She's been super helpful so far with our first round of paperwork. 

Again it felt like things just kept getting in the way so I decided to put the other things on the back burner and my husband and I started filling out paperwork.  Fun times trying to figure out all of our addresses for the last 10 years. All in BG but I don't remember all the exact addresses.  Thankfully I remembered we have all of our tax records for the last 12 years so we have all of our addresses. 

The next big step we have to do is our physicals and give our Social Worker the forms to get our background checks.  Ya know, to find out if we are criminals :) I told her we could save 40 bucks and I could tell her straight up we don't have anything on our records. But alas... still have to do them :)

I am amazed at how much finger printing costs though... whew... gotta do that too!

Also Child abuse check, to make sure neither of us have a record in that area...

I keep reminding myself that these are my labor pains.  There are people out there that are horrible, awful, people and we have to prove that we are not those people. 

The other part of my labor pains is telling my Advisor, who is 3 months pregnant, telling her that I plan on being a stay at home Mom whenever we get a child.  I am dreading it, I don't know why, in the long run it isn't really her call.  But I like her, a lot.  I am looking at getting an Associates so I can wrap this puppy up. 

Because I was in school as a distraciton, a huge, stressful, distraction. But a distraction none the less. 

When I was in Kindergarten we had a "What I want to be when I grow up" pageant.  I didn't go as a scientist, an accountant, or as a doctor, I went as a Mom. 

This is the first time I've been able to let myself hope. This is the first time I've let myself get somewhat excited.  Still waiting on quite a few things, a lot of things to fall in line.  Lots of things. But this is the closest I've ever been. 

I have waited 7 years to do everything that every Mom does. Everything. The good and the not so good. Because even that not so good means I'm still a Mom. 

Filled out forms. Didn't sign them all because we need a witness. Good thing we have a bunch of people coming over tomorrow night!

Bible study group at our house! WONDERFUL singing tonight! Thank God for His many blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. Suzy so excited for you and these baby steps! I will remember you and Shawn in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete