Friday, September 10, 2010

Ice Cream and Questions

I'm sitting here watching the Coal Bowl and wincing just about every 5 seconds. But mostly thinking about what we did tonight. 

Chaney's Dairy Barn in Franklin, KY will be known to me now where we first met the social worker who will do our home study.  Her attitude about why she does these home studies is just so humbling.  They have a little girl they adopted from Korea. She is adorable! They also have a little boy that is their biological child. She told me that she cannot affiliate herself with a particular agency because there are too many orphans in this world that need homes.  147 million.  And she does not want to limit herself to just the kids one agency can help.  I don't know her exact age but I would guess shes about my age, 30.  She's really sweet and I really like her.  She's sending us our first homestudy packet in PDF so we can print it out and print out duplicate copies in case we mess up! :) I have already bought White Out for our application to CFS even though we could just print out another, I just wanted to get it filled out and in and done.  Though it ended up being several weeks before we sent it in but oh well :)


I'm SO excited about this but totally overwhelmed with everything else we have going on.  I ended up working 7.5 hours today to make up for the hours I missed the last two days.  I tried to get us caught back up and the instant I sat down at the end of the day my lower back just started throbbing like "WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!" I have a feeling that after this football game is over we are headed for bed and I'm not waking up to any alarm.

Unless it's the fire alarm. In which case I'll be vacating my house. 

Anyway. 

Please pray for a smooth process, this is all happening and I'm still kind of in a fog about it.  It just doesn't seem real but it does seem real all at the same time.

We are happy with how it's going so far, the Lord has truly blessed us. I'm amazed how things are starting to fall into place.  A part of me wonders if we had done this before... but everything happens in HIS time. I wonder if we did this a couple of years ago if it would have been as smooth.  We'll never know and I thank God for where we are now. 

Inch by inch, step by step.
I love my God and my husband.

1 comment:

  1. God always provides! You will be in my prayers as you go through the process. It's something I have thought about often.

    ReplyDelete