Friday, December 17, 2010

Bookin' it.

So, basically since the end of September I have been working on our profile book, which is basically a scrapbook to show to potential birth mothers so they can see a little bit about our lives.  It's been a long process, carefully picking out pictures that don't have WKU or anything in reference to what state we actually live in.  Editing letters, picking out fonts, backgrounds, updating pictures, hunting down pictures I knew were there... somewhere. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it, I'm just glad it's done.  Here are a few pages from it. Most of these have actually been edited since I converted them in to JPG, so if you read the letters and stuff on there they are a little bit different. 




And I added a couple other pictures are different on my page there but for the most part it's about the same. 
Thought some of you would like to see a couple pages.

I honestly don't know how much longer regular scrapbooking is going to last, I like being able to just drag, drop, and create myself and not have the huge mess to clean up after.  Though the nostalgia of using rubber stamps, ink, glue, tape, and whatever else is nice, I just don't like the dragging it out and putting it away. And now I love that Stampin Up! has their stamps where you can upload them to this.  No muss no fuss.

So thankful for where we are to this point. I'm having this scrapbook printed, bound, and sent directly to the agency so they can get it in hand faster.  They haven't said anything about birth mothers yet, no, but it will be a huge weight off my shoulders once they have it. 
We were offcially accepted by our agency yesterday, the director called us and everything.  I am so thankful to the Lord above for everything He has blessed us with thus far. In HIS time.

Someone told me a couple years ago just to think about the fact that our birth mother is already alive.  It's weird, but it helped give me some perspective and a little light at the end of the tunnel. 

In HIS time.
In His time.
He will answer every need, in His time!

So much comfort in God and His blessings. 
Now to talk to the customer service desk at Stampin Up! to figure out why I can't get a cloth cover and I have to order leather.
Which would be cool if it was just for us, just seems like a waste if the profile books I give to others to show are eventually going to be thrown away, right?

3 comments:

  1. that is FABULOUS suzy! love you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! You did such a wonderful job on this book. You are right about scrapbooking. Digital scrapbooking is WONDERFUL! I will continue to pray for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes I think that "maybe my future song-in-law or daughter-in-law was born today..." It's a neat thought. Good Work!!

    ReplyDelete