Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Things this year has taught me

1. I can say we should have done this a couple years ago but I'm not sure the timing could have been more perfect than the last few months to move forward with our adoption plans.  With God all things are possible, and on His time table. 

2. Nothing should happen to a child other than happiness and joy, this year has taught me that it doesn't happen that way and there are times you can do nothing to shield them from life and things other people do. And it's never the child's fault, it's always the adults who often ignorantly think they know best when they only have their selfish aspirations at heart.

3. People create monsters in their head and let them grow, and 99.99999% of the time they are based on fear, a fear that is totally made up in their own head because they refuse to see it any other way. And that ruins things, causes a rift, ignorant assumptions, and can destroy relationships if left unchecked. 

4. God provides. It's amazing when you are truly in need, how things just happen.  It's also amazing when you are looking for an answer that sometimes the answer is no and what road that leads you down and you realize that God has provided you a way that is much better than you ever thought it would be. 

5. I always knew this but for some reason this year it was more evident to me what a wonderful husband I have.  He sticks up for me when I need it, he tells me how it is when I need it, he makes it very easy to be his wife.  We have been married for 8 years now and never once have we ever had an argument, in the entirety of our relationship.  There are other ways to handle disagreements. In our family, yelling at each other is not one of them. 

6. There are going to be people in my life who don't like me and I will never really have a grasp of why, and I learned this year to just move on.  I don't dislike those people, and I have no idea what their problem is with me, but I don't lose any sleep over it either.  I am who I am. I'm 31 years old, I know who I am and what I believe and there really isn't much changing that at this point.  I have a husband, family, and friends who love me for that.  Water off a ducks back there are some who don't. 

7.  Fundraisers are much harder and more time consuming than I thought.

8.  Time is flying faster than ever.

9.  Sometimes you have to dream a different dream.

10. The corn companies need to be silenced.

11. I have seen families grow and families shrink this year, I've seen family members die on the same day as others are born.  The circle of life happens whether we are looking or not, but this year I seemed to be looking more. 

12. Cancer took too many, infected too many, and I saw several people beat it into the ground. 

12.5 I didn't vote. And it wasn't a sin. 



Lots of stuff happened this year, good and bad and I am thankful for them all.  Had family times, and times that I sorely missed them. Talked to Mia on the phone a lot, got hugs from all of my nieces and nephews. And honestly wished I lived closer to my family more this year than any year previous since I moved out of the house. 

I pray this next year provides us with blessings in all ways. I pray this year finds resolution to many problems. I pray this year I remember where my Citizenship is. And always keep Him first so that my life will be guided down the right path. 

Have a wonderful new years :) I haven't decided if I will be sleepin' by midnight or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment