Saturday, December 4, 2010

Federal Shmederal :)

Well, we FINALLY got a couple manila envelopes with the words "Federal Bureau of Investigation" on it yesterday containing our background checks.  I was super excited, called my husband first of course, then started calling my parents to tell them their daughter and son in law are not criminals... and then I looked at the "Date Completed" and steam just about started coming out of my ears.

Date Received: 10/08/10
Date Completed: 11/16/10

And we got it YESTERDAY.

Yes I'm happy we have it. It just irks me that the last time I called them was the 15th and they said they hadn't even started on it. 
Oh well. We have them, 9 weeks after we sent them in ;)

After having to deal with the USPS with all the Sacred Selections nonsense and then the FBI with the background check, I know it wont be the last time I deal with the federal government, especially with the adoption stuff, but they wear me out :)

So now we just need to get a copy of each of them to our beloved case worker, and finish up some paperwork for our agency, and hopefully... LORD WILLING we will be on a waiting list sooner rather than later.  And my phone will not be turned off or on silent... sorry y'all. I'm going on call.

I thank God for Him getting us this far.  Even if we get no further than waiting, I am presently thankful to Him for getting this far.  We're closer than we've ever been to being parents.  I am not letting myself get overly excited, don't get me wrong... I'm excited... but I spent 7 years teaching myself not to be.  I'm afraid to be.  But I'm getting there. 

I've started putting stuff on a wish list on Amazon, mostly because they have a contest right now... but realizing how much stuff we are going to NEED is kind of ridiculous.  Course, I also have some wants on there too... but mostly needs ;)

Well, I'll let y'all know where it goes from here, please continue to keep us in your prayers through all of this. 
Remember Who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment